Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Winter is Coming

Hello. My name is Ashley and I am a blog slacker.  
Sorry for the confession, but boy I really have been so slackin'.  The days and weeks have just gone by so quickly and next thing I knew it'd been like a month since the last post!  le sigh

So I actually had a wild Thanksgiving week.  The weekend before was the TAEA (Tx Art Educators Association) Conference and it was so fun! I got to see some old college (and high school) friends and learn some neat new tricks for art teaching (and art doing).  It was supposed to ice in Dallas, which of course didn't happen, but nonetheless I decided to stay the week and it was fun hanging out back at home.  

The husband and I enjoyed 3 deliciously large thanksgiving meals and lots of chats with family.  We also came home with a fried turkey in freezer bags for future dinners.  If you haven't had fried turkey, then you have never lived!  Do yourself a favor...inject one now...fry it...now!

After returning to ATX, I got straight to Christmas decorating! THE BEST time of year.  Take a little glimpse into our first Christmas in the new home.  









And because I couldn't bear to put away that Pam Garrison felt garland, I've added it to the dining room decor.



And I just noticed the stunning colors of the ripening fruit & peppers from the garden.  Basically, evidence of the last harvest before the next freeze (if we get those in Austin, I don't know exactly).



Here is a sneak peek of the art I've been working on lately.  
Check back tomorrow for a closer look at these little projects.  




2 comments:

  1. You always have the best mantle decorations!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend! :) I love to decorate it, especially with DIY crafts.

      Delete