Saturday, August 17, 2013

Baby Steps

Hello world!

I have been so busy this week I have failed to be a good blogger!  Big surprise I'm sure :)

My new camera came in and I have been snapping away at some artwork and well...dogs mostly! I will post some up soon, but since they are gigantic, I need to scale them down to upload.

The most important news is that I went to Austin on Monday morning to start the ever threatening house hunt!  Our realtor was amazing and she had some good ones picked out.  She said there were more options but she refused to allow us to live in some of those areas. We don't know the neighborhoods that great, so I am thankful for her wisdom.  (which she will be paid for in full...3% in full!)  We checked out 5 or 6 houses and the last one we saw was in the best location, near a great school,  and low and behold the cheapest per square foot.  It had been on the market one day and had already been viewed by like 10 people! In fact we crashed one viewing for our own (we had an appointment people!!)  We made an offer that afternoon and we got it!  THank goodness we did, because there are others interested and 2 backup offers waiting in case ours falls through.

 Our option period ends on Tuesday, but may be pushed for more inspection work.  God has been SO faithful through all of this.  Well, let's be honest, He would be faithful even if this process was miserable and hard and we could find nothing!  But, He has certainly blessed us with finding a good fit and keeping our hearts open to where he wants us to be now and for our future.  Keep us in your prayers as we move forward in selling our current home and purchasing this new one, since if our sale falls through, so will our buy.  :-/

I am certain God has got us covered, even if it ends up unexpected or not according to our plan.

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful new HOME! I cannot wait to see the photos you've taken!

    ReplyDelete