Thursday, August 8, 2013

Obla dee Obla Da!

So this week has been one of those where the days seems incredibly long, but the week seems to have gone by quickly.  Perhaps it's because I have been at work a different schedule than normal, but Chance comes home already tomorrow from his week off in Austin!  A couple of exciting things have happened  this week.  The biggest hasn't arrived yet, BUT  is in transit!

The last couple of days, I collected my change and headed up to coinstar to exchange it for some gift cards.  No fees! weee!  So here was the plan.


Sure, there were some kinks along the way, like me thinking I froze the machine and would never get my money back, to having an old man help me pick up my fallen quarters and dimes, to a teenage boy waiting patiently (but with a very annoyed look) for me to finish up so he could get his $10 in change and go buy a new app for his phone. But after all the awkward coinstar moments, my amazon.com gift cards popped out of the machine in the amount of several hundred dollars.

And the plan worked!!  I spent $790 in change to purchase a new camera, lens & sd card.  I have been wanting a nice camera for a while to take photos of my work for both prints and quality images for my etsy and my blog, but just never really wanted to spend the cash.  I feel like I'm getting it for free!!  I had a professional photographer friend help me out on what to purchase for my specific needs.  It's nice to have the input from someone who is not trying to sell you something.  Although I'm sure I'll regret not taking a photography class in college.  ....history of photography counts right? :)  Here is a better view of the camera.  The Nikon D5100 16.2 MP with a lens upgrade to the 50 mm f/1.8G AF-S NIKKOR FX.  Can't wait to get shootin'!



One last thing before I scoot off to sell snow cones.  I was so lucky to get to see my girlfriends again last night for dinner and custard!  I will miss them a lot when we move, but I am also excited about making new friendships!  Love these ladies.



Until next time my friends!

4 comments:

  1. Let's try this again....yay for the new camera!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Coinstar graphic! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you are so funny and I'm sure you will absolutely loveee your new camera I have the D3100 and I love it!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete