Friday, October 11, 2013

Kitchen redo

Whewee people!  I have been outrageously busy! I haven't been avoiding my blog, but simply have been in a whirlwind of a move into our new home!  I am so excited to get things ready here and make this place our own!  A small bit has already been transformed, as I tackled the biggest feat yet, the kitchen wallpaper spectacle. And a spectacle it was!  Some people might love dainty floral patterns or, in our case, tiny bunches of fruit, but that is not our style.  Call us "youngins" but we are over the wallpaper!  Bring out the paint!!

We are planning on painting the cabinetry a dark blue-gray (same color as the table legs and chairs in This post on a DIY table re-do). The wall color is undetermined until we get the cabinets completed, but we just could not stand to keep that wallpaper around for a moment longer. So I set off on my first wall paper removal adventure.  And it really wasn't too bad, considering the horror stories I received beforehand.







And sometimes you need to stand on the countertops to get what ya gotta get!
Also, I never wear shoes, which is highly unsafe.

And finally, after lots of gooey fingers and wallpaper stripper dripped down my arms, I have torn off ALL of the fruity paper.  I did get a bit OCD behind the fridge and insisted on removing all of it even though no one will ever see it.  I....would always....know!


(Hey! these are the finished chairs & tabletop from the DIY post.)



One last tidbit of fun, just because I love my critters.


Stay tuned for the "after" shot of all that kitchen redo goodness!  :)















1 comment:

  1. Such amazing progress! Looks so much better without the wallpaper, even with the bare sheetrock!

    ReplyDelete