Friday, February 1, 2013

January is already gone??

It has certainly been a wild week around the ivey household.  I have been home sick for 2 days, which would be a fun time to get some hobbies and art accomplished, except that whole being fatigued and sick part. :P  This afternoon, however, I have been working on getting my blog up and going and preparing some doodles in my sketchbook.

I have also embarked on the world of fibers! I have always been attracted to the texture of fiber arts and crafts, but had little knowledge of the medium.  Of course I have done my share of elementary weaving projects with my class and taught myself to knit once, but never really pursued either.  I decided to take a chance on crochet.  Turns out people were serious when they said it was way easier than it looked!  I have just begun a crochet blanket.  I know you are supposed to work in loose stitches, but they look so good neat and tight!   This will be a lesson on letting go of my habitual perfectionist work.  It's so funny that I want my work to be "just so", but my office is a mess.  Ah, the life of an artist :)

Here are my 2 favorites pieces of art from this January.  Doggie Portraiture diptych.

 

Since I am trying to fight off this illness, I had better get to bed! ...well...maybe after a little crochet :)

Until next time!

-iveybyrd

No comments:

Post a Comment