Monday, February 4, 2013

Teacher Talk!

Happy Monday!

Sometimes you just gotta keep telling yourself that on a Monday.  Today was a long day back to work, but it was nice to get back in the swing of things.  Upon looking through my calendar today, I realized that I sure have a lot of prep work to do for the annual art show.  I have been matting artwork since September, but still need to get the pictures hanging on string and decide any display changes for the year.  I got rave reviews last year about the displays I used, but I like to switch it up a little still :)

Here are some of my favorite displays from the 2012 show.

 



So tonight is composed of netflix, hot glue, and LOTS of little kid art.  I love their fresh approach to new mediums and ideas that are hidden within their work.  So fun to ask questions about why they are creating.

I have been getting farther along on my crochet blanket and am getting seriously addicted!  I think it's the idea of my small little chains becoming a large blanket that is so exciting.  Trying to fit in a day full of art teaching, matting artwork at night, creating illustrations, and my new crochet addiction is sure hard to schedule in. Don't know how I'd do it with kiddos :)  Guess it's a good thing I dont have any yet!

Better get back to work! These little munchkins await....

Fare the well!

-iveybyrd


No comments:

Post a Comment