Sunday, February 17, 2013

Matting the thousands

Well people, sorry I have been absent the last week.  It has been busy as usual.  I have had to put all my personal creations on hold, since I realized that I have 2 months until my annual art show.  As a result, I am crunching down on finishing up the matting and getting the pieces hung on string.  That is the best way I have found to hang work with ease.  I glue 5-7 pieces on a piece of jute so that I can easily tack the top of the string to the wall.  At my campus, the walls are made of plastic panels, which are very hard to stick things to!  Hot glue works okay, but hot gluing thousands of pieces of art sounds miserable.  The other option is to tape them up, using masking tape or duck tape.  Again, very time consuming even with parent volunteer help.  


I hope everyone had a splendid Valentine's day this week!  My husband and I don't tend to celebrate Valentines like it is something special.  We have plenty of special dates throughout the year when the flowers aren't overpriced and the restaurants aren't all reserved :)  We decided to stay in, order pizza from a favorite pizza place (Atomic Pie), and watch a movie.  A perfect evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment