Tuesday, January 21, 2014

My Etsy Shop

Man oh man am I excited to finally have my etsy shop up and running. I'm still in the process of uploading new listings & I have only had a single sale, but it happened within 24 hours of opening my shop and has given me the encouragement I need to press on!  I know that my work is something many people will enjoy, but getting it out there seems to be my biggest challenge. Anyone else have that struggle? Eh? Just me?  I am not discouraged per se, but I definitely know that it takes time to build an audience and for people to simply find your work.  I look forward to getting into arts and crafts fairs/shows next fall, where I believe my work can be sold a bit more easily.  I sure know I am more willing to spend in December than in January. (got my credit card to prove it!) 

If you happen to be stopping by to read this, I hope you'll visit my etsy and see what's up!  Otherwise, keep reading the blog and I'll tell you visually anyway :)

My very first etsy sale ever!  The sweet lady that ordered it left a kind comment in my feedback. She will never know how encouraging she was as my first customer EVER! I packaged that little letter up and mailed it off with care and love (and a bonus mini bird painting for good measure).


Some other things I have started working on are mini pet portrait magnets! I have actually had an amazing time painting all sorts of pups with acrylic paints!  I'm really a watercolor girl...or so I thought.  I've really enjoyed using my acrylics as a flat medium. Who knows, may be my next passion! These little magnets are for sale and I am excited about a few custom orders that are coming my way. Everything is cuter when it's a miniature, am I right?








If you're feeling adventurous: thecuriouscritter.etsy.com
I also decided to make a flickr photostream!  Apparently I already had one, but forgot about it!  If you are on there, let me know cause I love perusing through snapshots of daily life, adventures, peoples' personal style, art, hair....okay I'll stop being creepy! But really I love seeing variations in our daily lives.  What a great reminder of how amazing the Lord has made us, each so unique!  

Goodnight blog world.


No comments:

Post a Comment